CentralSquare 2020 Conference Attendees,
We have been monitoring the evolving COVID-19 (also known as coronavirus) situation, especially in relation to CentralSquare 2020. In an abundance of caution, we have decided to move CentralSquare 2020 to later in the year.
This is a tough call, and we are deeply disappointed that we will not be able to see you on the 17th. There are various, very valid perspectives on the coronavirus situation. Everyone may not agree with our decision, so we want to walk you through the reasoning behind it.
Why did we make this decision?
The safety of our clients is our first priority. The coronavirus situation has been rapidly evolving. Just today Nevada Public Health confirmed coronavirus cases in Las Vegas and other parts of the state. In the past 48 hours, LA County declared an emergency; it is the most populous county that sends a lot of traffic into Vegas. California, which is contiguous, has declared a state of emergency as well. We do not anticipate the situation improving in time for the conference.
We serve public servants and first responders, at over 8,000 agencies, who come from hundreds of locations across North America. Given the criticality of your mission and how geographically distributed our customer community is, we want to make sure that not a single client is exposed to the virus as a result of coming to our conference. Further, we do not want anyone bringing the infection back to various communities across the country.
After rescheduling, when will CentralSquare 2020 be held?
We are working on rescheduling CentralSquare 2020 about six months out, when hopefully the current situation is behind us. We will communicate new dates out very soon, but definitely within the next two weeks at the latest. As you can imagine, rescheduling a 2000+ person multi-day event requires confirming availabilities with hotels, vendors, and multiple partners – but we will circle back as soon as we have these confirmations.
After rescheduling, where will CentralSquare 2020 be held?
We are making every effort to continue to hold the conference in Las Vegas, pending venue availability later in the year.
Will we get our registration fee back?
We are hoping to move the conference to later in the year and that you will still be able to attend. We are requesting you to give us less than two weeks to communicate the new date/location, and if it does not work or you cannot attend for any other reason, we will refund registration fees. If you need your registration fees back immediately, please reach out to our Events Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What do I need to do next?
Please call the hotel at (866) 227-5944 to cancel your rooms. And, please call your airline to cancel your flights.
The hotel allows individual attendee cancellations without penalty up to 72 hours prior to the scheduled arrival date. Once new event dates are communicated you will be able to rebook hotel rooms for the new dates.
Who can answer more questions?
Please connect with Jamie Pagels email@example.com for more information.
Thank you for your understanding.
Chief Marketing Officer